5 Kitchen Accents to Put the Finishing Touch on your Kitchen Renovation
You’ve been thinking about this for months, maybe years: renovating your kitchen. You’ve already selected the cabinets and have set the overall style, but how can you make your kitchen renovation even more perfect? Accents and finishing touches.
Like a truly amazing meal, the perfect kitchen is not defined by a Sub-Zero refrigerator or a convection oven. It may be the finishing touches that truly astound your senses. Here are five accents that you can add to your kitchen that will take it over the top. And we have some hints on how to help make your choices.
Knobs, pulls, and hinges are the finishing touches that make your cabinetry pop. Understated and minimal, traditional and frilly, practical and simple, the style of your cabinet hardware will define the look and feel of your kitchen.
The forgotten element in many kitchens, the backsplash isn’t meant to be a feature. A distinctive backsplash can help to bring the rest of the kitchen together. There are lots of great options for materials and styles:
- Mosaic Tile
- Stainless Steel
- Hammered Copper
- Mexican or Italian Tile
A well-designed backsplash can add a modern touch to a traditionally-styled kitchen.
Kitchen lighting is something used all the time, but many of us don’t plan for during our renovations. The busiest room in the house, it is important that the kitchen has plenty of light for everything from conversations to making world-class suppers.
- Ambient lighting - Soft lighting that makes it easy to move about the room, but doesn’t have a direct light effect.
- Task lighting - Lights directly over counters, islands, and cabinets and can make cutting, cooking, and finding things much easier.
- Accent lighting - Well-placed lights can add drama to a kitchen by highlighting some of the kitchen’s features, like a stainless steel refrigerator, a stained glass window, and more.
- Decorative lighting - Very often, beautiful lights can become part of the design itself. Decorative lights add style and sophistication to the kitchen, not to mention more light.
There are hundreds of styles of faucets available. Making a decision can be difficult, but there are a few guidelines that can be helpful.
- Your kitchen faucet is one of the hardest-working items in your home. Be sure to spend the money to get great quality or you will be buying another faucet soon.
- Choose your faucet and sink together. That will ensure that the faucet and sink look great together.
- Be sure that the faucet has the reach that you need to get to the entire sink easily.
When you start your search, look at considerations like the configuration, style, and finish of the faucet. Also, think practicality first, style second. The most beautiful kitchen faucet in the world is only an annoyance if it doesn’t do what you need it to do.
Take time for the details
If you make sure that you spend as much time on the small details as you do the major ones, your kitchen will be beautiful, practical, and long-lasting. Look for ideas by using popular online apps such as Houzz or Pinterest (Read our Recent Post: ) and speak to a professional to see how you can incorporate these ideas into your next renovation project.
Are you ready to get started on your project?
With affordable pricing and extensive experience in every sector of the construction industry, it's safe to say that we are one of the top names in the industry. We can handle everything from exterior remodeling to interior remodeling, home additions, restoration services, and even insurance remediation. We service both residential and commercial properties throughout New Jersey.